BF2 1.5 Hit-reg information

Post your hints / tips, Guides ie, Chopper / Plane Guides etc etc

Moderators: Moderators, Chief Of Staff

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS MODERATED

Keep all Posts / Topics Related to the FORUM description. Anybody that posts un-related content will have their post moved or removed by a moderator and potentially receive a warning to reflect this action.

BF2 1.5 Hit-reg information

Unread postby Topchaz » 18 Jan 2009 16:29

Check this link... http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... legal.html

The producer says 'wait for the beta :wink: ' when asked if the hit reg will be fixed in the next patch OR if the AHK macro software will be banned. God i hope its the hitreg. 8) 8) 8)
Topchaz
Recruiter
Recruiter

BF 2 Player Name: Topchaz
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Topchaz
COD 4 Name: Topchaz
Recruiters name: Exoduus
Reason for signing up?: Joining Clan

Re: BF2 1.5 Hit-reg information

Unread postby smiley » 18 Jan 2009 18:14

Topchaz wrote:Check this link... http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... legal.html

The producer says 'wait for the beta :wink: ' when asked if the hit reg will be fixed in the next patch OR if the AHK macro software will be banned. God i hope its the hitreg. 8) 8) 8)

I very much doubt it. If it were possible surely after 3 years they would have done it already and as someone as you know suffers from bad reg i would love to see it happen, i just dont see it happening.

Heaveny father bless us and keep us all alive there's eight of us for dinner but only enough for five
smiley
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: smiley.v1
BF 2142 Soldier Name: smileynoob
COD 4 Name: smiley
Recruiters name: exoduus

Unread postby Ramaro » 18 Jan 2009 19:12

since when has ea fixed anything even if they fix that it will break something else ingame

Ramaro
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: Ramaro1
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Ramaro
COD 4 Name: MadMan
Recruiters name: biothief
Reason for signing up?: Forum Access Only

Unread postby smiley » 18 Jan 2009 20:08

Ramaro wrote:since when has ea fixed anything even if they fix that it will break something else ingame

what he said... :lol:

Heaveny father bless us and keep us all alive there's eight of us for dinner but only enough for five
smiley
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread postby apocalyptic_willard » 18 Jan 2009 21:14

and bf2's crappy hit reg code is why i'm a jet whore! back in the days of bf vietnam where 2 rounds to the chest took a man down, i used to whore the m16 in the jungle as well as jets. I don't know why they felt that had to change the hit reg system so dramatically for bf2.

apocalyptic_willard
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: Apocalyptic_Willard
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Ultranoob2007
COD 4 Name: don't play it
Recruiters name: Paul

Unread postby smiley » 18 Jan 2009 21:49

apocalyptic_willard wrote:and bf2's crappy hit reg code is why i'm a jet whore! back in the days of bf vietnam where 2 rounds to the chest took a man down, i used to whore the m16 in the jungle as well as jets. I don't know why they felt that had to change the hit reg system so dramatically for bf2.

they didn't m8 i never played vietnam but the hitboxes have always been coded behind the model. Back in the days of 1942 you had to shoot at the floor as people were jumping to get a hit...... go figure.

smiley
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread postby -Mac|Rec0n- » 17 Mar 2009 11:52

i have a couple of different versions of the AHK macro Softwear which will change the hit reg for you if you want me to post it ?
Synthetic-Gaming Sponsored By : www.tacticsboard.com
sYn.TB MacCa
Contact Me Via PM With Your Email For All Your Software Needs !
-Mac|Rec0n-
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: -Mac|Rec0n-
BF 2142 Soldier Name: None
COD 4 Name: None
Recruiters name: None
Reason for signing up?: Forum Access Only

Unread postby RecklessRecon » 17 Mar 2009 14:12

it will be autohotkey that is banned, and any other injecting or hooking software. EA have pretty much said so.

Fix Hit reg .... heh ... in your wildest dreams ... na they just gonna ruin it for everyone, level the playing field that way ;)

And Recon, you already get kicked from quite a few servers by PB for running autohotkey. Try Tactical Gamer, MRS and Eagle I think. You should get a boot a few minutes into the game for detected illegal driver. Its a PB setting that came out in August last year. (has to be enabled on the server though ... pb_sv_restrictions 2).
RecklessRecon
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: RecklessRecon
BF 2142 Soldier Name: RecklessRecon
COD 4 Name: Reckless
Recruiters name: MC.Hawk

Unread postby Topchaz » 18 Mar 2009 00:59

Yeah the AHK scripts can be used to do some of the commander hacks i believe...so blocking AHK scripts will probably be part of the solution DICE has created to impede the hackers. As for the hitreg fixes its all a bunch of poop I reckon. I've tried about 50 different settings over the past year and i've never detected any discernable difference.

Delusion (who made one of the AHK programs) admitted it was all placebo himself on the forums where he posted the link to his creation. Combined with my personal experiences and the explanation the DICE producer offered - im now pretty convinced that hitreg is largely down to a combination of ping/packet loss. I just use default settings when i play and have learned to accept that some rounds I will get ok reg and the other times i will be firing blanks (when i get peed off with hitreg i just go AT and kill people with rockets - seems to be the only sure way)
Topchaz
Recruiter
Recruiter

BF 2 Player Name: Topchaz
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Topchaz
COD 4 Name: Topchaz
Recruiters name: Exoduus

Unread postby Guest » 25 May 2009 00:02

apparently the M95 is going to be a LOT more powerful taking out helicopters in about 2 shots, and its going to be a lot louder being heard thoughout the whole map, same with the muzzlefalsh

Return to Hint's & Tips