a random BF2 challenge

Post your hints / tips, Guides ie, Chopper / Plane Guides etc etc

Moderators: Moderators, Chief Of Staff

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS MODERATED

Keep all Posts / Topics Related to the FORUM description. Anybody that posts un-related content will have their post moved or removed by a moderator and potentially receive a warning to reflect this action.

a random BF2 challenge

Unread postby sunash » 02 Nov 2008 21:36

hey there all!
as the sub says, a challenge to all those bf2 players who are up for it. Been contemplating it over for a long time...
One thing since I've joined this clan that I feel has improved my my BF2 gameplay is not using any unlocks, suggested to me a long time ago by smiley. Playing on a with a wireless connection on a laptop is hard but after dealing with that I started to get bored, so took up smiley's suggestion and have stopped using unlocks during BF2. So here is the challenge: Not to use any unlocks. Its up to each individual to how long they want to do it for, a week, month or maybe even indefinately. It'll definately improve your skills. I personally found the SAW and SVD hard to get used to, but its all good fun.
sunash
sunash
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: sunash
BF 2142 Soldier Name: sunash
COD 4 Name: sunil
Recruiters name: exoduus and others
Reason for signing up?: Joining Clan

Re: a random BF2 challenge

Unread postby bee80 » 02 Nov 2008 23:24

i always try no unlocks unless i pick up an unlock :D
+ RIP Gobrot +
bee80
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: bee80
BF 2142 Soldier Name: NA
COD 4 Name: NA(for nabs)
Recruiters name: exoduus(wow freak)

Unread postby gerryR » 03 Nov 2008 01:06

Personally I think it should be a prerequisite for being in clan league at the least!

Bugs me no end getting killed by a clan member using a G36! (that's me though, easily bugged!)
gerryR
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: gerryR.com
BF 2142 Soldier Name: gerryR.com
COD 4 Name: na
Reason for signing up?: Forum Access Only

Unread postby Topchaz » 03 Nov 2008 02:30

It's a good challenge to set down in writing. I only play medic or AT really and all the stock guns are pretty good for those kits (even the type-85).....in fact every default gun is good apart from the SAW...but then again i can barely use the MG36/PKM/RPK so i'm probably not a good judge of support guns. I think the problem is that most people who still use unlocks believe that they are better guns just because they are unlocks.

In my noob days i always used to use the DAO-12 and the L85, thinking that they were 'better'. But now i dislike those guns and try and offload them whenever i pick them up/revived with them. It just takes time to learn how to use the default guns. Personally i play best with the AK-101 & AK-47....instant death with a headshot and no more than 3 or 4 rounds to kill any enemy soldier :D

I play more and more 'infantry only' these days and i'm getting increasingly wound up when i get killed by the G36E.....especially when its used by 3 star generals (most of whom only achived that rank by being vehicle/G36E whores). That said when i pick up a G36E it's like a birthday present and its fun to see how many people you can take down before you get killed.

Oh and the best thing about using default guns is that it makes the game soooooo much more interesting. It actually matters when you change sides because all the guns are different. Wheras when you just use the same unlocks all the time the rounds/games just blur into one.
Topchaz
Recruiter
Recruiter

BF 2 Player Name: Topchaz
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Topchaz
COD 4 Name: Topchaz
Recruiters name: Exoduus

Unread postby sunash » 03 Nov 2008 08:49

Good points well made, especially the observation made by topchaz. Swapping sides and using different default weapons does make the game that more challenging. I too find the SAW a bit hard to use. In real life I think its meant to be a pretty mean weapon, but in BF2 you can use a whole clip and hope you've just scratched your enemy.
sunash
Server Admins
Server Admins

Unread postby the_iron_dreamer » 03 Nov 2008 09:13

In my opinion it depends on the situation... The default weapons are very good in most situation but unlocks better in other situation... For an example when I defend or attack the TV station on Sharqi I prefer to use the DAO-12 only inside the TV station because a semi automatic shotgun in close quaters is a very powerful thing and I use the MP5 and P90 for medium and long range combat.
Now for the medic... the M16 is a very universal weapon but it has it's limitations... It's not very accurate at long range and it has only burst and single shot modes but the L85 is very accurate in single shot mode and at long range...
The support... The MG36 is the most accurate than the M249 SAW and the PKM and has a burst modes witch helps for the accuracy so for long range this is the best... The PKM does the highest damage but it has the lowest accuracy so for close combat this is best...

Well this is my opinion but I don't have much experience as you guys so I might be in error for this...
the_iron_dreamer

BF 2 Player Name: The_Iron_Dreamer
BF 2142 Soldier Name: N/A
COD 4 Name: N/A

Unread postby Shaolin_Drunk » 03 Nov 2008 14:11

I cant use unlocks otherwise Auntie Smiley beats me. :(

lol
RIP Gobby.
Shaolin_Drunk
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: Shaolin_Drunk
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Shaolin_Drunk
COD 4 Name: Shaolin

Unread postby bee80 » 03 Nov 2008 18:15

[quote=
The support... The MG36 is the most accurate than the M249 SAW and the PKM and has a burst modes witch helps for the accuracy so for long range this is the best... The PKM does the highest damage but it has the lowest accuracy so for close combat this is best...[/quote]

the RPK is the best support by miles and miles and miles its all i used to use when i was a nub ! now im a nub with a medic kit :D
+ RIP Gobrot +
bee80
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: bee80
COD 4 Name: NA(for nabs)
Recruiters name: exoduus(wow freak)

Unread postby Kagadidoe » 11 Nov 2008 15:33

I hate the usa gun because of the 1 or 3 shot.... its annoying :)

Ak is great tough
Kagadidoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

BF 2 Player Name: [SIR]Kagadidoe
COD 4 Name: NA

Unread postby sunash » 11 Nov 2008 19:52

Kagadidoe wrote:I hate the usa gun because of the 1 or 3 shot.... its annoying :)

Ak is great tough

... true. I thought the same before but have learnt with the m16, u just got to know where to point it, and its brill for long ranges with single shot.
sunash
Server Admins
Server Admins

Unread postby strike » 12 Dec 2008 13:38

Since I'm only ever a sniper, AT or medic I have no problems since I hate most of the unlocks for them anyway.

American stock gun is all you need for long range, SVD and chinese things are good if you can shoot straight.

As for Medic, the AK guns are lethal. And I love mah M16. He's called Bob.

And AT? Who uses the bullet gun when playing as AT?

What d'you think that rocket launcher's for? Repairing piping?
[url=http://www.ml-solutions.com/clients/aff.php?aff=002]
Image[/url]
Whatever the hell this does, do it now. I mean it.
strike
Sergeant
Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: strikefromtheshadows
BF 2142 Soldier Name: (soon to be) strike
COD 4 Name: strike

Unread postby Topchaz » 12 Dec 2008 19:12

strike wrote:What d'you think that rocket launcher's for? Repairing piping?

Brilliant quote, made me laugh. He has a very good point. The guns are fairly accurate but do very little damage. More and more i'm using the rockets to take on infantry...especially easy when they go prone (don't say it smiley) coz you cant miss.
Topchaz
Recruiter
Recruiter

BF 2 Player Name: Topchaz
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Topchaz
COD 4 Name: Topchaz
Recruiters name: Exoduus

Unread postby gobrot » 12 Dec 2008 20:08

no unlocks 4 any one with ukwf tags thats my say
gobrot
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: gobrot
Recruiters name: exodus

Unread postby smiley » 12 Dec 2008 20:31

Topchaz wrote:
strike wrote:What d'you think that rocket launcher's for? Repairing piping?

Brilliant quote, made me laugh. He has a very good point. The guns are fairly accurate but do very little damage. More and more i'm using the rockets to take on infantry...especially easy when they go prone (don't say it smiley) coz you cant miss.

:shock:

Heaveny father bless us and keep us all alive there's eight of us for dinner but only enough for five
smiley
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: smiley.v1
BF 2142 Soldier Name: smileynoob
COD 4 Name: smiley
Recruiters name: exoduus

Unread postby exoduus » 12 Dec 2008 21:13

I only ever use the medic unlocks as they apply in clan matchs, although every other kit i prefer to use at my disgression, I enjoy selecting different guns from time to time, the l96a1 for sniping, the pkm for support or the mp7 for engi, it takes a part of the game away if you dont.. Although now i very rarely scope with AT, the movement on the rocket u can get without scope is amazing! it takes a little while to get used to. BUT!! tanks get no warning klaxon to say there locked, so that takes a part of their defensive capabilitys away.. and choppers and jets have no hope !! 8)

+ God Rest Gobby +
exoduus

BF 2 Player Name: ExoDuUs
BF 2142 Soldier Name: ExoDuUs
COD 4 Name: ExoDuUs

Next

Return to Hint's & Tips