Infantry

Post your hints / tips, Guides ie, Chopper / Plane Guides etc etc

Moderators: Moderators, Chief Of Staff

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS MODERATED

Keep all Posts / Topics Related to the FORUM description. Anybody that posts un-related content will have their post moved or removed by a moderator and potentially receive a warning to reflect this action.

Infantry

Unread postby the_iron_dreamer » 29 Sep 2008 19:17

Hi all!
I have a little question...
When should I hide and when should I shoot?
I'm asking this because I'm normally the guy whit the knife chasing the enemy thank...
the_iron_dreamer

BF 2 Player Name: The_Iron_Dreamer
BF 2142 Soldier Name: N/A
COD 4 Name: N/A
Reason for signing up?: Forum Access Only

Re: Infantry

Unread postby smiley » 29 Sep 2008 19:25

Hi m8 if you can do it always try and have better cover than the guy you are shooting at. Crouch spamming [ hitting the crouch button then popping up and shooting then repeat] is a very good tactic against infantry.

If you really want to see how the top players do it search for waib servers in your game browser [ make sure you have unranked ticked] and go on there, they are usually small 4v4 or 5v5 games and always karkand.
If you do visit them prepared to be owned big time but dont worry about dying just try to learn from them by imitating what they do.

Hope this helped.......

Heaveny father bless us and keep us all alive there's eight of us for dinner but only enough for five
smiley
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: smiley.v1
BF 2142 Soldier Name: smileynoob
COD 4 Name: smiley
Recruiters name: exoduus
Reason for signing up?: Joining Clan

Unread postby the_iron_dreamer » 29 Sep 2008 19:32

for infantry vs. infantry it helped a lot, but i would want to know about infantry vs. tanks, APC, cars, choppers...
the_iron_dreamer

Unread postby TDXUK » 29 Sep 2008 19:46

To be honest with tanks and stuff i think it sort of goes with the situation and what sort player you are. I for one like to stand as perfect roadkill for Jeeps as an AT and shot one of at last minute and jump out the way in case it don't go boom.

For tanks and apc's as an AT you want to be aiming to get round behind them to hit the rear mainly, although other spots such as the tracks can be hit for alot of damage. Never try to take a tank head on, it will take more ammo than you proberly have to take it out.

Personally if i'm not AT or Engineer i'll avoid the tank/apc/chopper as you are only going to made into shish kebab if you show yourself.

There are many ways of doing things, BF2s.com is a great place to some reading for lots of tips and stats on weapons/tanks/apcs etc....
Main Site
http://www.BF2s.com
Tactical guidelines
Weapons
vehicles
Lots of reading there and there are alot more but i won't link them all :)
Hope that helps you out.

I've noticed you on the server somewhat lately, i take it you are new to BF2?
Even still you seem to know what your you are doing, keep heading in that direction and i'm sure you will be a formidable foe, god knows you've mullared me a few times :)
..................................................UKWF BF2 Leaderboard................................................
TDXUK
War Arranger
War Arranger

BF 2 Player Name: TDXUK
BF 2142 Soldier Name: TDXUK

Unread postby smiley » 29 Sep 2008 19:49

the_iron_dreamer wrote:for infantry vs. infantry it helped a lot, but i would want to know about infantry vs. tanks, APC, cars, choppers...

2 words............ Anti Tank......... learn to use that kit and you dont need to fear anything especially if you have 2 or 3 in your squad. 3 ATs against a tank = bye bye tank very quickly, try to hit the tracks of the tank especially at the top where they go into the main body of the tank as this does the most damage.

With apcs the rear or wheels is best, cars are a one shot kill so thats easy enough.

Lastly choppers, only shoot if they are close or if they are not moving otherwise you just give your position away by firing.
Also if you come under fire from a chopper with no cover try going prone and not moving as its easier to spot infantry on the ground when they are moving then once chopper has passed over move to cover.

One last thing and this is probaby the most important thing ALWAYS ALWAYS spot the chopper, tank etc so that if you cant deal with it your teamates will.

Heaveny father bless us and keep us all alive there's eight of us for dinner but only enough for five
smiley
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: smiley.v1
BF 2142 Soldier Name: smileynoob
COD 4 Name: smiley
Recruiters name: exoduus

Unread postby the_iron_dreamer » 29 Sep 2008 19:56

thanks for the information & for the links...
And TDXUK... about the killing.... i'm just damm lucky :wink:
the_iron_dreamer

Unread postby Priest.O.C » 15 Oct 2008 20:07

I've also found a good way with AT is to learn how to use it without the scope that way you can get close to your prey without them knowing and get the more of a killer blow on the tracks
Priest.O.C
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: Priest.O.C
BF 2142 Soldier Name: NA
COD 4 Name: NA
Recruiters name: Topchaz

Return to Hint's & Tips