help with jets

Post your hints / tips, Guides ie, Chopper / Plane Guides etc etc

Moderators: Moderators, Chief Of Staff

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS MODERATED

Keep all Posts / Topics Related to the FORUM description. Anybody that posts un-related content will have their post moved or removed by a moderator and potentially receive a warning to reflect this action.

help with jets

Unread postby smitcool » 17 Jul 2007 12:19

hello there people can some one help me with jets cos i cant kill anyone!!!, i need help cos wen people lock on to me i cant seem to get away!!!. anyone help a confussed ginger???? :D
smitcool
Private
Private

BF 2 Player Name: smitcool

Re: help with jets

Unread postby Fire|Volx » 17 Jul 2007 17:29

Ever tried flares or afterburner :D

Nah just kidding, but instead of deploying your flares the instant someone locks onto you, wait a little and then deploy them. I know it may sound ludicrous, but some poilots do not fire their missiles straight away in the hope that their prey deploys their flares, therefore making it easier for a kill.

Another method is to turn as sharply as possible in a direction with afterburner, Most of the time, depending on what type of aircraft is chasing you, the incoming missiles cannot compete with your turn and miss you.

Those are the methods i use smitty, but i know far more better pilots in the clan than me, so maybe they could input some of their advice.

Good luck dude

Fire|Volx
I'm Actually Three Ducks In A Man Suit
Fire|Volx
Corporal
Corporal

BF 2 Player Name: Fire|Volx
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Fire|Volx
Recruiters name: bob1955player

Unread postby Dribble99 » 17 Jul 2007 17:43

I usually crash when trying to run away >.<
Most of the main pilots in the clan are really good.. So when they are flying I tend not to hehe
Dribble99
Private First Class
Private First Class

BF 2 Player Name: Dribble99
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Dribble99
Recruiters name: GrandMasterRod

Unread postby abreesa » 17 Jul 2007 18:02

Do you use a joystick to fly? if not then get one as a 1st step (for jets anyway)
although people get good with a mouse you cannot garantee your mouse movement is turning the jet its maximum amount,plus when you are turning hard for a long time you have to pick up the mouse and move it over the mouse mat. when you do this you are most likely going to be caught up by the other jet turning and blown away.

Try to get in quite close if you can while in bomb mode so the pilot your chasing is not alarmed by your presence and if possible machine gun him a bit first,it really does kill quick if you hit.
When trying to escape a attack dont flare too soon + dont turn in straight circles like some do as you become really easy to track by the attacking jet.
When in a f35 try to stay out of j10's way if possible as you will be easily finished off by the superior jet, i find staying high and swooping in from 500ish ft for kills on the hud display then swoop back up to 500 to safely return to carrier for ammo/repairs.
When in a j10 your main threat is ground defenses really as other jet will struggle to hit locked missiles on you while in a afterburning turn in a j10, this is ther main positive feature.
The f18 is similar capability to j10 but has very short afterburner, use it in bursts while being locked on or you will run out of puff and be easily finished off. the f18 will comfortably out turn a locked missile if the afterburner is used correctly while turning.
Also when flying never fly really straight for long periods if you can help it and always use the fly by camera to check you tail for jets sneaking in behind you, this camera is your best friend when you learn to use it well, i think the default is f12 but please check that. The fly by camera comes in useful for chasing jets too, if you have lost sight or are losing sight of a jet you are chasing flick between the cockpit view and fly by to get sneaky peaks into where the enemy has or is turning.
You may want to practice fly by use in a unranked or singleplayer server as you may crash a few times learning the nack or flicking between views :D

If you want some prey just post me or pm and and ill happily have a fly around with you mate cos there is now substitute for actual combat for practice, im not saying im pro by any means but i can certainly kill people and avoid people, so shout if you want some practice bud.

there is much to learn about each jets personel aspects and once you know how to view the enemy and wat yourjet is capable of then you will adapt to suit each situation like wat i was saying about the f35 staying high and poaching kills to stay out of better jets path!
Whereas the j10 will turn using afterburner and lose a f35 without a second thought.
++2008 Clan Meet Paintball Champion++
R.I.P UKWF GOBROT
abreesa

BF 2 Player Name: abreesa
BF 2142 Soldier Name: abreesa
COD 4 Name: abreesa
Recruiters name: kissmyassjack
Reason for signing up?: Joining Clan

Unread postby DrBart2 » 17 Jul 2007 18:07

When I am in dogfight I don't want to worry about limited air space. I will be so involved in combat that I won't notice that I went out of the combat area. I want to use all the atmosphere above the earth!!!!!!! :x When flying real airplanes I have never had a voice tell me that I was leaving the area! Of course I had to respect restricted airspace, but that was easily avoided and I had plenty of room to play/fly in.

Sooooooo, I never fly in bf2! :lol: Well almost never! If you ever see me in a jet, you can bet I am just trying to get to the other side of the map in a hurry and there was no one waiting to fly the jet when I found it. 8)

So, I have no jet tips and have waisted a little space with my comment. :lol:
DrBart2

BF 2 Player Name: DrBart2
BF 2142 Soldier Name: DrBart2

Unread postby MrGreedy » 17 Jul 2007 18:12

The rear camera view it my best ally when flying, as soon as i get lock i switch to rear view so i can actually see the jet behind me,then i wait til he fires missiles and flare and afterburn away, you can usually avoid all 6 misiles, a decent pilot is not so easy but with practice you can evenget away from Rambo occasionally :)

Everthing Abreesa has said is spot on, another tip with f35 if your being followed by j10 is to go really high the f35 can fly higher without "spinning out"

The joystick owns keyboard though on this, theres some very good keyboard pilots but joysticks can turn sharper for longer as far as im concerned
MrGreedy

The peoples Champion!

MrGreedy
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: MrGreedy
BF 2142 Soldier Name: MrGreedy

Unread postby TheBulletCollector » 17 Jul 2007 18:13

the top ten rules:
1) if rambo is up, keep your ass on floor!
2) if dan is up, keep on floor too.
3) if i am in air, gain as much kills as you can :lol:
4) do not drop flaires instantly
5) use backview to check for enemies
6) use 45° angle or more to drop bombs on exact target
7) USE JOYSTICK - that for sure in jet...
8) do not fly circles in low air - everybody will spot and kill ya...
9) train in singleplayer (or ultimate coop mod / or airmaps, which is real hard due real pilots ;) )
10) good luck for number 3 as i gave up jetting :) and rarely go in again ;) - there are just too many good pilots :P
Cunny78 wrote:"Yep I love flying with you, I think your great at flying and gunning and flying with you I learn quite a bit which helps me when it comes to clan matches."

TheBulletCollector
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: TheBulletCollector

Unread postby DrBart2 » 17 Jul 2007 18:14

:lol: :lol:
DrBart2

BF 2 Player Name: DrBart2
BF 2142 Soldier Name: DrBart2

Unread postby bigrob1979 » 17 Jul 2007 18:18

I'm no good at flying jets myself so no advice from me although i will go with what bullet said, and say that if rambo or desperate dan is in the air stay on the ground and stay out of vehicles as well because dan and rambo will still own you
bigrob1979
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: bigrob1979
BF 2142 Soldier Name: bigrob1979[uk]

Unread postby TheBulletCollector » 17 Jul 2007 18:20

bigrob1979 wrote:I'm no good at flying jets myself so no advice from me although i will go with what bullet said, and say that if rambo or desperate dan is in the air stay on the ground and stay out of vehicles as well because dan and rambo will still own you

haha true, they bombed me too often in vehicles so i hid in a building... suddenly bombs were flying trhough windows... no clue how they spottet me :)
Cunny78 wrote:"Yep I love flying with you, I think your great at flying and gunning and flying with you I learn quite a bit which helps me when it comes to clan matches."

TheBulletCollector
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread postby abreesa » 17 Jul 2007 18:51

Always keep your minimap on its widest view aswell so you can pick up on spotted targets easily and also prevent from bombing friendlys in a particular area too :D .

AND.. if you pick up on a enemy jet chasing your own jet just give him a scare with missile lock and maybe some machine gun fire. If you go all guns blazing and release a handful of missiles the stray ones or the ones he dodges will chase you friendly jets heat and blow him up (which is not nice when its a two seater and you get -8 for tk's :D )
++2008 Clan Meet Paintball Champion++
R.I.P UKWF GOBROT
abreesa

BF 2 Player Name: abreesa
BF 2142 Soldier Name: abreesa
COD 4 Name: abreesa
Recruiters name: kissmyassjack
Reason for signing up?: Joining Clan

Unread postby TheBulletCollector » 17 Jul 2007 19:20

good advise abreesa... happened to me with helicopter... AND a bomber... got 4tk's with 2 missiles... cause both were smoking...

TheBulletCollector
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread postby oddthingy » 20 Jul 2007 12:09

im pretty bad at flying jets for combat, i normally just afterburn across map take out a few choppers then get hit by enemy jet and bail out either over enemy uncap (as spec ops) or in high ground (as sniper), so could i book some flying lessons from the better flyers in the clan. same with attack chopper. normally i spend a lot of time being PWNED by jets and choppers (unless i have an M95...) and would like to know how to do it myself. thanks in advance
odd
lets play a game, whats a long way a way, and very very dead. give up?
Its You
YOU ENEMY CANNOT PUSH A BUTTON IF HE DOES NOT HAVE A HAND!!!
(CUTS A BF PLAYER'S MOUSE HAND OFF)
MEDIC!!!
oddthingy
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: oddthingy
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Oddthing
Recruiters name: hes AWOL

Unread postby =CSFS= thegodofhellfire » 20 Jul 2007 14:26

most important thing to remeber in planes is that...TREES ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.
Cant think of anyhting else cos i suck at flying :lol:
=CSFS= thegodofhellfire
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby wah1188 » 20 Jul 2007 16:13

=CSFS= thegodofhellfire wrote:most important thing to remeber in planes is that...TREES ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.
Cant think of anyhting else cos i suck at flying :lol:

Sometimes if your lucky you can bounce off trees, try and dive bomb be patient keep practising if your not confident your bombs will hit in the pass don't bomb circle around line yourself up better and squeeze!

With dive bombing always get at least an altitude of at least 300ft otherwise your just gonna smash into the floor. Map your rear view to a quick to hand key so you can see where your bombs landed soon you will get a feel for where the bombs will land. All the planes are very different with bombing best just to use them all.

Try paint up your targets with your machine guns knocks a few bars off and especially for little jeeps n' buggies. Apc's also recieve quite a hefty bit of damage from the guns.
You can also get your plane in single bomb mode where your and drop each turd separately useful for killing tanks. All you have to do is reload only one bomb by flying past the airfield quickly drop that on someone. Then reload like normal you will get two and can drop each on individually. This allows you to kill twice as much without going back to the airfield. On top that be paranoid always check your six especially when going back to the airfield.

There are MANY really good guides written on the internet I'll dig them up for you sometime. Another tip is don't get greedy I've died many times from trying to get that last kill only to recieve a AA missile suppository.
My sigs suck but I'll kill ya on bf2, when I get a new pc
If your in my squad, you'll probably die alot...
wah1188
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: wah1188

Next

Return to Hint's & Tips