How can we help

Anthing that does not fit the category of any Subforums but still relates to BF 2 gets posted here.

Moderators: Moderators, Chief Of Staff

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS MODERATED

Keep all Posts / Topics Related to the FORUM description. Anybody that posts un-related content will have their post moved or removed by a moderator and potentially receive a warning to reflect this action.

How can we help

Unread postby Stryker1989 » 21 May 2007 11:45

Hi Guys,

Was just reading through the forums and saw the encouragements to donate etc. and i'm sure i speak for the entire younger community of UKWF when i ask . . . HOW CAN WE HELP?

It sucks (for want of a better word) that we unfortunately arent able to convince our parents to send their money away to people they dont know to fund something that they havent got a clue about. i know some one has already mentioned this sort of thig in the "Come on lads donate" post but i was just wondering if there is any other way besides donations that we can help UKWF.
Stryker1989
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: Stryker1989
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Stryker1989
COD 4 Name: Stryker
Recruiters name: I Was Born UKWF
Reason for signing up?: Joining Clan

Unread postby GrandMasterROD » 21 May 2007 12:38

Lots of ways to help the community, stryker.

1. Rambo is currently adding lots of new information to the website. So if any of you are knowledgable about the game feel free to type some info up in a WORD document or in a HTML file and post it into the UK Warfare Development area.

You can gain access to this area by selecting usergroups (next to your profile editor), and select UK Warfare Project.

The idea is to bring some google adds into the clan to help fund it, but people need something to read about if theyre gonna click the links. :wink:

2. Enforce server rules. Allthough some of you dont have admin abilities, if you see someone CONSTANTLY breaking the rules which would result in a ban, post the crime and the name of the criminal in the "Wanted, Dead or ALive" area in server issues. You'll find that threatening to get a person kicked or banned usually resolves the situation. :wink:

3. Help the Community

Lots of members help the community spirit. Make UKWarfare a closer place to be by helping other members with Technical Problems they may post up, post up your picture in the clan members area (you have to pass recruitment first to do this) so we can see who were knifing. :lol:

Or you can help people by making Sigs for them (kudos to Thr111), sending un wanted hardware thats just gathering dust ( i think cunny just sent an old Graphics card to Bullet Collecter so he can get a second PC up and running).

4. Help the Matches.

Attend Training, ATC sessions and the fun time matches and races we have. Who knows you might spot a vital flaw in one of our tactics and save the match for us. :wink:

Lots of ways to help the community, just be a decent person. :D
GrandMasterROD
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: GrandMasterROD
BF 2142 Soldier Name: GrandMasterROD

Unread postby RoyalScot » 21 May 2007 13:32

GrandMasterROD wrote:Lots of ways to help the community, stryker.

1. Rambo is currently adding lots of new information to the website. So if any of you are knowledgable about the game feel free to type some info up in a WORD document or in a HTML file and post it into the UK Warfare Development area.

You can gain access to this area by selecting usergroups (next to your profile editor), and select UK Warfare Project.

The idea is to bring some google adds into the clan to help fund it, but people need something to read about if theyre gonna click the links. :wink:

2. Enforce server rules. Allthough some of you dont have admin abilities, if you see someone CONSTANTLY breaking the rules which would result in a ban, post the crime and the name of the criminal in the "Wanted, Dead or ALive" area in server issues. You'll find that threatening to get a person kicked or banned usually resolves the situation. :wink:

3. Help the Community

Lots of members help the community spirit. Make UKWarfare a closer place to be by helping other members with Technical Problems they may post up, post up your picture in the clan members area (you have to pass recruitment first to do this) so we can see who were knifing. :lol:

Or you can help people by making Sigs for them (kudos to Thr111), sending un wanted hardware thats just gathering dust ( i think cunny just sent an old Graphics card to Bullet Collecter so he can get a second PC up and running).

4. Help the Matches.

Attend Training, ATC sessions and the fun time matches and races we have. Who knows you might spot a vital flaw in one of our tactics and save the match for us. :wink:

What he Said :lol: :roll:
RoyalScot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: RoyalScot
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Pontius_Pilate

Unread postby ThrIII » 21 May 2007 14:49

Wow...look at GMR go! :shock: Top post mate, should be a sticky!

=======================================
ThrIII
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: ThrIII

Unread postby RAMBO » 21 May 2007 17:02

RoyalScot wrote:
GrandMasterROD wrote:Lots of ways to help the community, stryker.

3. Help the Community

4. Help the Matches.

What he Said :lol: :roll:

ditto
RAMBO
THE ONE
THE ONE

BF 2 Player Name: rambo00007
BF 2142 Soldier Name: DarkAqua
COD 4 Name: na
Recruiters name: Me who else?????????

Unread postby GrandMasterROD » 21 May 2007 17:34

ThrIII wrote:Wow...look at GMR go! :shock: Top post mate, should be a sticky!

Aww shucks. :oops:

:lol:
GrandMasterROD
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: GrandMasterROD
BF 2142 Soldier Name: GrandMasterROD

Unread postby bulbboythedaddy » 21 May 2007 18:01

GrandMasterROD wrote:
ThrIII wrote:Wow...look at GMR go! :shock: Top post mate, should be a sticky!

Aww shucks. :oops:

:lol:

not just a serial spammer after all rod
bulbboythedaddy
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: bulbboythedaddy
BF 2142 Soldier Name: bulboythedaddy

Unread postby Stryker1989 » 21 May 2007 18:18

aww damn, i wrote such a nice reply earlier and it must not have sent before my internet decided to go on a walk about, i'll retype it.

Just want to thank GMR for that excellent reply. i was quite handy with photoshop once upon a time so maybe i should have a play around with it for a while and then maybe i culd help ThrIII with the sigs cos he does seem to get a lot of requests for them and if i would be a help then i'm up for it.

I dont know much about the game having only just started playing in the last few weeks but wat i can do is i'll do some research into the game over the next few months, i'm gonna have a lot of free time on my hands as i only start college in september, so if that would help i'm glad to do it. You never know i may even find some stuff that the veterans dont know about :wink:

Yeah i remember bullet askin for a card and as a matter of fact as soon as i move rob is gonns be sending me a mouse so i understand the generosity within the clan.

Thanx again for the reply GMR its much appreciated :D
Stryker1989
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread postby Stryker1989 » 21 May 2007 18:19

Oh yeah and a bout the server rules, i am on quite a bit and if you ask wah you will find out i'm always nagging him to kick people for breaking rules, our rules are wat makes UKWF stand out above te rest i'm certainly not gonna stand by and watch people break them . . . so expect me to be on the lookout :wink:
Stryker1989
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread postby wah1188 » 22 May 2007 00:28

Stryker1989 wrote:Oh yeah and a bout the server rules, i am on quite a bit and if you ask wah you will find out i'm always nagging him to kick people for breaking rules, our rules are wat makes UKWF stand out above te rest i'm certainly not gonna stand by and watch people break them . . . so expect me to be on the lookout :wink:

Yeah :D its nice that you keep calm I can hear their names.
My sigs suck but I'll kill ya on bf2, when I get a new pc
If your in my squad, you'll probably die alot...
wah1188
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: wah1188

can you help?

Unread postby oursoulsDad » 25 May 2007 18:24

Please let me know your height. I am building sandwich boards and getting some buckets. A few weekends walking upand down the high street of your home town and we should blow the target. Especially with the costumes I am designing.
oursoulsDad
Corporal
Corporal

BF 2 Player Name: oursoulsDad

Re: How can we help

Unread postby fraggie » 06 Jun 2007 16:56

well... im kinda handy at photoshop CS2 so i could give ThrIII a hand. Im gonna post ma piccy up on teh forum. And im turnin up for lotsa training
fraggie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

BF 2 Player Name: Frag~Hawk
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Frag~Hawk

Unread postby pennfab » 16 Jan 2008 10:01

Hi ,just on the subject of sending in old hardware i have lots of bits and pieces lying about like hard drives ,graphics card,a couple of zboard keyboards , cpu coolers, a couple of cpu and vga coolers,LOTS of cables,the odd modem or two ,some sound cards,speakers and a psu.I also have a spare bf2 account with special forces ,euro force and armoured fury.If anyone can find a use for any of this please let me know cos its all just taking up space and i would rather help someone than throw it out.Cheers
pennfab
Corporal
Corporal

BF 2 Player Name: pennfib
BF 2142 Soldier Name: pennfab
COD 4 Name: pennfab
Recruiters name: stevethom

Unread postby ThrIII » 16 Jan 2008 11:12

This post takes me back!

Nice one pennfab...what cpu and vga coolers do you have mate; I might be interested as I'm building a new machine soon and have a core2 but no cooling for it yet?
Cheers!

=======================================
ThrIII
Server Admins
Server Admins

BF 2 Player Name: ThrIII

Unread postby pennfab » 16 Jan 2008 11:42

I have a Zalman cnps 9700nt.Zalman cnps9500 led and for vga vf900-cu plus various ramsinks and lots of thermal paste as5 and ceramique.Here is some links for you

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... subcat=821

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... subcat=821

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... subcat=787

hope this helps :D
pennfab
Corporal
Corporal

BF 2 Player Name: pennfib
BF 2142 Soldier Name: pennfab
COD 4 Name: pennfab
Recruiters name: stevethom