C&C 95 / RA1 Online!

Moderators: Moderators, Chief Of Staff

C&C 95 / RA1 Online!

Unread postby Leader Bee » 18 Feb 2013 22:13

No posts in this forum at all? I'm shocked!

Saying that, my first post in this particular forum isn't about Tiberium Alliances but I figured it was still the most relevent place to post this.

Were you aware that the Original C&C and Red Alert can be obtained for free, legally, here: http://cncnet.org/setup-guide (EA released them as freeware for the games 10th anniversary)

Whats better is you can still play them online and I'd love it if some of you UKWF folk would join me. As some of you know I was made redundant in November and then my desktop PCs graphics cards died and I cant quite aford to replace them at the moment, meaning i'm playing games on an intergrated graphics laptop.

I never had the chance to play the original C&C online back when it was originally released but i've gone through a relatively simple installation here and there is a small but dedicated community still playing the likes of CNC 95, RA1, RA2 and Tiberian Sun...(mostly RA1 tho). Please, please, please if you loved or still love these games make an effort to install and get a match up and running with me - the hardcore community there already is is making it hard to find an equally skilled player to fight against.

Maps are a little small but they can support up to 6 players and once set up it's really easy. Maybe a good game for those of you with less powerful desktops to try out? Give it a go. I know you want to.
Leader Bee
Private First Class
Private First Class

BF 2 Player Name: I dont have one
BF 2142 Soldier Name: I dont have one
COD 4 Name: I dont have one
Recruiters name: Dave / Armageddonit
Reason for signing up?: Forum Access Only

Re: C&C 95 / RA1 Online!

Unread postby Aurora1984 » 19 Feb 2013 11:24

This is awesome soooo gonna be DL this, C&C 95 was amazing!! and the RA universe is by far my fav C&C if anyone has RA on 360 I would be up for a game.

XBL Gamertag | AuRoRa iNc |
Aurora1984
War Arranger
War Arranger

BF 2 Player Name: Aurora1984
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Aurora1984
COD 4 Name: UKWF Aurora1984
Recruiters name: Thrill
Reason for signing up?: Joining Clan

Unread postby gunnerzz1008 » 19 Feb 2013 12:07

Meh. The original wasn't my cup of tea. RA2 though! Thats what i cut my teeth on. You can buy the whole first generation for like £15 even less if you can find it on/in a CeX store.
gunnerzz1008

BF 2 Player Name: ashley3
BF 2142 Soldier Name: gunnerzz1008
COD 4 Name: Gunnerzz
Recruiters name: abitratorbob

Unread postby Leader Bee » 19 Feb 2013 22:06

Aurora1984 wrote:This is awesome soooo gonna be DL this, C&C 95 was amazing!! and the RA universe is by far my fav C&C if anyone has RA on 360 I would be up for a game.

Let me know if you get it set up aurora, I'd love a game with you. There are not a whole lot of people that play 95 online but there is generally over 100 playing RA1. If you need a hand just let me know and i'll try help... I installed from The First Decade that Gunnerz is talking about which I bought on release and I don't know if the installation would be different from the download links I posted.
Leader Bee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postby Leader Bee » 20 Feb 2013 00:01

Already got SovietKGB playing it. He downloaded and installed it all within about the space of 10 minutes. 2 more and we can have 2 v 2 matches :)
Leader Bee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postby Aurora1984 » 20 Feb 2013 15:18

Leader Bee wrote:
Aurora1984 wrote:This is awesome soooo gonna be DL this, C&C 95 was amazing!! and the RA universe is by far my fav C&C if anyone has RA on 360 I would be up for a game.

Let me know if you get it set up aurora, I'd love a game with you. There are not a whole lot of people that play 95 online but there is generally over 100 playing RA1. If you need a hand just let me know and i'll try help... I installed from The First Decade that Gunnerz is talking about which I bought on release and I don't know if the installation would be different from the download links I posted.

I used to have the decade thing but I lost it :( I shall try and get that instaled as RA universe is by far my favourite C&C series. Bee can you PM me all the details for Vent and I will try and get that installed again so I can talk to you all.

XBL Gamertag | AuRoRa iNc |
Aurora1984
War Arranger
War Arranger

BF 2 Player Name: Aurora1984
BF 2142 Soldier Name: Aurora1984
COD 4 Name: UKWF Aurora1984
Recruiters name: Thrill

Return to C&C Tiberium Alliances